Alas, just what y'all've (haha, is that even possible) been waiting for. Another crazy roommate story. I'll be honest, I don't really remember when this happened. I just know that we had had a fight and like 2 days later she came to apologize (unheard of). Then like 2 days after that she came and knocked on my door and was like "hey, so my laptop died and I'm borrowing one from work. The problem is I can't use wireless on it because it doesn't have a card. I think I'm gonna need to plug it straight in to the router so I was just wondering where the router is." I said it's right here in my room. She goes, ok thanks. And walks off. A few days later I come home from work and what do I see? Yes, a cable running from her room, up the wall, across the ceiling, down the wall and into my room. And it's plugged into the router. Oh no she didn't. While I knew that's exactly what she had wanted to do, she never specifically asked. And she DEFINITELY didn't ask to come into my room when I wasn't there. Disrepectful. So I unplugged it. And shut the door. Surely she will not enter my room when I'm not home.
Fast forward to next day: I come home from work again and oh, wait there's a note on my door. It says Jamie, this cable is what I was talking to you about and it needs to be plugged in order for it to work (Oh really? I didn't know that--DUH). I unplug the cable again and write her a lil note back saying, I know exactly what it is, however, you didn't ever ask if you could do that and furthermore you didn't ask to come into my room while I wasn't here. And I close the door again.
Fast foward again to next day--Oh hello, note. Jamie, can I please run a cable from my room to yours? And I'm sorry I came in your room but I hadn't seen you for a few days and I didn't know you were home. So I take the note down, unplug the cord and wait. I get ready for bed and as soon as I hear her come home I turn off the light, shut the door and run and jump in bed. She enters her room and then 2 sec later she comes banging on my door. I pretend to sleep. She continues banging. Jamie, are you in there? Finally after like a minute of her doing this and her trying to open the door (I had put a weight in front of the door since the lock doesn't work) I say Yah? (and I sounded groggy). She says Jamie, can you please plug the cable back in. No, I'm sleeping. Jamie, Please. No, I have to go to work early and I'm already in bed. Well then can I come plug it in? NO! Jamie, can we please talk about this. No, I have to be to work early. Well now's as good a time as any. Ok fine. I open the door...yes Katie? Jamie, will you please plug it in? No. Did I do something wrong. Yes. Yes you did. First off, you never really asked. Second, and most importantly, you came in my room NUMEROUS times without asking. I never go in your room without asking and I would expect the same from you. I know, but I hadn't seen you in a while. Katie, my bag was on the floor in the room. Well I didn't really look in your room. Oh really? Cuz you taped that cord all along my wall. Well Jamie, will you please plug it in? No Katie, not tonight. But I have work to do! I'm sorry, you should've thought about that before you came into my room without permission. Jamie PLEASE. Nope, sorry. I'll be happy to plug it back in tomorrow. But I have work to do. Well, maybe you should've stayed at work late. Or there's always the library. Good night Katie. I close my door and you hear her stomp back to her room, slam her door, stomp down the stairs and SLAM the front door. Ha ha ha. I know, I was bein a lil punk, but hey I was trying to act like her. It was extremely fun.
2 comments:
I'd forgotten that story--and you really were a punk about the whole thing!! :-) But I love you, punk!!!
Jamie, that is so funny, I totally would have done the same thing! Not that that makes you any less of a punk :) It just makes us both Punks! Way to make your point, I say more power to ya. Nothing like having annoying room mates! How are you anyways????
Nikki (miner) Nichols
Post a Comment