It's Labor Day and I'm working. How fitting. And it's slow. And I'm the only one at the desk. The rest of my coworkers are standing outside talking and I'm about to put on my angry eyes. But that's not what this post is about. One of my coworkers asked how things were going with my crazy roommate and I realized I have not told you more about my crazy roommate. SO let me take you back to the sunny days of May where the weather was perfect, highs in the high 70s and cooling down at night into the low 60s.
It was during this time that crazy roommate decided it was time to turn the air on. I guess she didn't think about the other 3 people in the house and how maybe, we didnt want it on yet. I knew I didn't want it on yet, I was just fine in my room but I checked with the other 2 because hey, if I was the only one who didnt want it on, I wasnt gonna stand in the way of their comfort. Well, the other 2 were fine too. One just opened her window, the other lives in the basement which stayed cool ALL summer long. So when C.R. (crazy roommate) turned the air on, I would just turn it off. One night I came home to a note on my bed from Corinna, the basement roommate, letting me know that her and C.R. had gotten into an argument about the AC so I shouldnt be surprised if Katie (oops, well, now you all know her name) didn't talk to me for awhile (see 1st crazy roommate post).
Well, even after this argument where Corinna made it abundantly clear that we didnt want the AC on, Katie would turn the air on as soon as we all left. One night after coming home from work I noticed that the air was on so I turned it on and left a note on the thermostat saying that the three of us didnt want it on, so please keep it off. Apparently, the note didn't mean much because the next night the air is on again and she has left me a note telling me she cant sleep if her room is above 75 degrees (she bought a thermometer to measure how hot her room was). We gave her a few suggestions (a fan, open the window, etc. but I guess they didn't work for her since she kept turning the air on). I finally wrote her a note one night after work just telling her we had decided she could leave the AC on as long as she paid more for the power bill. Her reply is that she'll pay 1/3 of the bill but not until the next month even though she'd been doing this for the past 2 weeks. We decided it was time for a roommate meeting.
Well during this meeting it was discussed that we felt like because Katie was the only one who wanted the AC on, she should pay more. This was her response, "I know! Since I'll probably only use the air on days that it is hotter than 75 degrees then at the end of the month when we get the bill, we'll just look at the weather for the past month and I'll pay for the days that were hotter than 75." I said, that's ridiculous, I'm not gonna do the work for that. And she was like oh, I'll do it, it'll be fun! And I counter with "well what about the days that are lower than 75 but you forget to turn the air off and I have to turn it off later that night?" And THIS is her answer, "Well, we have two calendars so we'll just use the second calendar also and on those days you can put a mark on it". She was being serious. The rest of us shot that idea right down. After that, it was all downhill. She then told us that she didn't want the heat on in the winter time but she "didn't want to do what we were doing right now" so she just didn't say anything and paid for it so she thinks that she should get reimbursed for those payments. Again, we shot her down telling her she should have come to us and maybe we could have worked something out. It was an absolute mess. I've never met someone so irrational in my life.
Unfortunately, that's not really all the details but to write it all would take forever and I'm tired of typing. Those were just some highlights of the conversation that I believe help to prove my theory that I have a crazy roommate.
No comments:
Post a Comment