Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How Many Fingers Am I Holding Up?

Well guys, I did it. I got Lasik. It all happened so fast it was kinda crazy. I went in for a consultation on Sept 2nd and got Lasik on Sept 12th. My mom came up to help me out and we stayed at one of the hotels from the chain that I work at down in Old Town Alexandria. It was a lil bit crazy. Honestly, it was probably one of the most nerve wracking things I've ever done. I think it was because I was totally aware of everything going on. The procedure itself is not painful at all...they do apply some pressure to your eyes but that's it. But I mean that's a pretty abnormal thing you'd do to your eye and it does kinda freak you out. Atleast for me. I was like clenching my fists, squeezing my arms to my stomach, moving my legs, anything to help me feel less pressure. But it was very cool to be able to just sit up and see when it was all said and done. Even if it was a little bit blurry. I went back to work two days later and I think the most common question from my coworkers is "so can you see?". Well duh. That's why I had it done. The procedure did cause some popped capillaries or something from the pressure so I have like blood dots on my eyes. They're gettin better but I did have one coworker ask if "the red dots would go away". I told him they dont, but that I figured never havin to wear contacts or glasses again was a pretty even trade. And now, here's some pictures for y'all to enjoy.


So, after the procedure was done I was supposed to go home and take a nap. This is me gearin up for the nap, takin some Tylenol PM wearin the cool goggles to protect my eyes to make sure I don't rub them in my sleep. And the next picture shows you how much pain I was in. Right after the procedure, I didn't feel any pain at all. But within about 15 min I was hurtin. I don't know if any of you have ever experienced that dry eye feeling, where your eyes sting and just water constantly and it just burns, but that's what I was feeling. My mom took this picture of me and I didn't know she was takin it. Look at that sad face :( And the next picture is of the room from the hotel, obviously. It's a cute little hotel and it's in a great location.

The next day my mom and I went shopping in Old Town and then we drove over to the new Pentagon Memorial after we checked out of the hotel. Here are a few pictures from that:



The first picture is from a big inscription that you first see when you walk to the memorial, the whole thing says Pentagon Memorial, but I just put up a pic of the inscription at the end. The next picture shows all the names of the victims. The third picture shows you a general idea of what the memorial looks like. Each one of those benches represents a victim and each bench is within a birth year. You start off with the youngest victim who was 3, born in 1998 and make your way to the birth year of like 1931 or something for the oldest victim. Some birth years have only one bench, others have up to 10. The last picture shows where you can see the difference between the old part of the Pentagon and the new part that was rebuilt. It's a very cool memorial, and really very different from any other memorial I've seen. If you're ever in DC, definitely go visit.

And I thought I'd add just one more picture for you to enjoy. I haven't been in any pain since my surgery BUT I do still have to wear my eye goggles at night, atleast til the end of this week. So I decided to add one more picture for y'all. This one shows how much I have come to love these goggles...maybe I'll just wear them every night from now on. Or not.

No comments: