Monday, September 22, 2008

I can't feel my legs...

Okay, so the title is a complete lie. I am completely aware of my legs. I went for a run today. I had noticed that my thighs were starting to fall under the "thunder" category so I thought I'd be a lil proactive about this growing dilemma and start running again. It's been 3 months. My last run was before I got my wisdom tooth out. I wasn't supposed to exercise after that for like a week. And then it was just HOT. And then it started cooling down but I got lasik and you're not supposed to exercise after that either. Well, I had put it off for long enough. And now I hurt. My game plan had been to run the Giant about a mile away and then get a movie from the redbox as my reward. Too bad when I got there the redbox was out of order. Go figure.

Oh and a sidenote, what is it about parents these days that they no longer can watch their children?? I'm about 2 blocks from my house when I see this 7-8 yr old hispanic kid drop his bike on one side of the road and then run across the 3 ln road filled with cars to get a friend. Well his friend looks to be about 5-6 and has a razor skooter. I can tell they're about to try and cross the street again and it's pretty busy. There are no adults around. The little 5 yr old takes his skooter to the very edge of the curb and then stops. I stop and turn around and I'm just like hey, you guys be careful okay. I'm considering staying there to help them cross the street but I think I'm freaking them out so I keep going, occasionally turning around. At one point I turned around just in time to see a car slam on their brakes to avoid hitting the kids who were running/skootering across the road. And where were the parents during this 2 min ordeal? Who knows? Certainly not outside helping their kids safely cross the street.

And back to the run. Well towards the end of my run I have 3 hurdles. The first is running past the Pizza Hut which by this time always smells ridiculously good. The next is running past the 7-11 which has delicious slurpees. And while doing this, the last hurdle is running up a mountain. So I miraculously pass these hurdles and do you want to know what my reward was? Running past 2 hispanic men and having one of them say "No tienes ta-tas". Ta-tas I think you all know. No tienes means "You don't have". Well, I guess my sports bra is doing its job.

PS- I don't know if thats what the guy really said but if he didn't, it sure sounded like it, besides, it made the story. If that hadn't been in there y'all would've thought this was a lame post. Don't lie.

No comments: