Sunday, August 31, 2008
Creamy or Crunchy?
Last night I did some grocery shopping at the ghetto Giant grocery store near my house. I was out of peanut butter so it was imperative that I buy more since it's kinda what I live off of. Well, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that is. So when I finally get to the peanut butter aisle, I find out that they are all out of the "creamy" style peanut butter in the Giant brand (I'm not a peanut butter snob so I just buy whatever's cheapest). They had tons of "crunchy" style peanut butter but I cant handle the crunchy. I love peanuts but I can't do chunks of them in my peanut butter. Go figure. So anyways, I noticed they had a reduced fat creamy that was the same brand (aka same price). After quicking looking at the ingredients to ensure that it had no oleander (isn't that the stuff that makes you sick? if it's not, oh well, you know what I'm talkin about) I decided it couldn't be that bad. So this morning when I open the jar the first thing I notice, there is no oil kinda sitting on the top. Guess I know why it's reduced fat. That stuff is the thickest peanut butter I have ever seen. It's like spreading cold butter on a piece of bread. And it does taste different. Moral of the story, go ahead and splurge the extra 29 cents so you can have regular peanut butter. Or suck it up and go crunchy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hate crunchy too. i think the moral ofthe story is go to another grocery store. = ) but i am a pb snob; i only eat creamy jif.
Post a Comment