Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous

Since beginning my career in the hotel industry I have had the opportunity to see many celebrities and music artists, some more up close than others. For example, we've had Sugarland, Adam Levine, Third Eye Blind, Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy stay at the hotel (Young Jeezy actually just checked out today). And for the most part I just saw these people from a distance. However, sometimes I have actually gotten to speak with a few of them such as Sean Kingston, Eric Dane (McSteamy from Grey's, by far my personal favorite, and just so you know, he's even hotter in person!) and more recently, if you can't guess from the title of the post, Good Charlotte. And to be more specific, Joel Madden AND his girlfriend Nicole Richie.

In fact, not only did I speak with them, I planned their escape route from the hotel to avoid the paparazzi. It all started on a sunny Wednesday morning. I was a little depressed going into work because I thought Nicole and Joel had already checked out the day before and I had missed my chance to see baby Harlowe. Imagine my surprise when I find out they've extended another day so they're still there! Around 10 am, I get a phone call at the front desk. It's Nicole and she wants to speak to my manager. Luckily, he was busy and that's exactly what I told her and then asked if there was something I could help her with. Turns out, they had had a situation with the paparazzi yesterday (which according to my coworkers involved Benji stealin the camera from one of the guys and running through the lobby with it, Nicole cowering in the corner with Harlowe and Joel shouting "I just want my freakin kid!" (of course, I edited that for you)) and apparently the 'razzi was back. So she was wondering if there was a different way they could leave the hotel instead of the front. I said sure, tell your car to pull around back and I'll have security come to your room and take you to the employee entrance. She liked my idea and I thought that was that.

Well 5 min later I get another phone call from their tour manager. He wants me to go discreetly tell their SUV driver how to get to the back which I gladly go do. And then, going above and beyond, I offer to meet him in the back parking lot to show him specifically where they'll be coming out. And pretty much as soon as that was done, I open the door to go inside and there are Nicole, Joel and baby Harlowe comin out of the elevator with our security guy. So I step back outside and hold the door from them, getting a hey, thanks from Nicole and a thanks a lot from Joel. Yah, I pretty much saved the day.

And just in case you don't believe me, I have posted a link to Perez Hilton's website where there is a picture of Joel and Nicole eating at the crepe place across the street. I have in fact eaten there a few times and it's pretty good, so is their gelato.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-08-19-sighting-235

Oh and Joel is way skinnier than I thought he would be and yes, Nicole is very skinny but it's not really sickening. She's just a very tiny person. And they were both very nice and chill and laid back, just goin in and out the front doors by themselves without anybody when they first got there.

3 comments:

Carla said...

So i don't really care about joel and nicole, but DUDE am I jealous that you met McSteamy!!! how cool is that! Dang, i definitely need to work on my run-ins with celeb's, you've totally got me beat.

The Lewis Family said...

I dont really care about them either...its just this was by far the most interaction I've had with someone of their status....2nd would be McSteamy though...and I thought it was fun planning their "escape route"

Sarah said...

thats awesome jamie!!! maybe they'll write a song about you now...