After work today I went to run some errands. Go figure that the moment I step outside it proceeds to pour rain. I waited 2 minutes for it to die down and then decided to just run the 15 yards to my car. It would've worked a lot better if I hadn't been wearing flip flops that turn into slip n slides for my feet when they're wet. Of course, after I get in my car and drive a quarter of a mile the rain stops. Just my luck. Anyways, on the way home on the highway I see a rainbow (good news, atleast another year until the end of the world). However, as I get closer to my house the sky is much darker, the wind picks up and there's lightning. It made me think of tornadoes for some reason and then the thought struck me, can you have tornadoes and rainbows in the same place? It would seem such a paradox to have something so beautiful and something so destructive in the same place. So of course when I got home, I googled it. Apparently, it can happen. Here's a picture:

I love how the tornado seems to end at the rainbow and how everything seems so much brighter and clearer underneath the rainbow.
As for the "a fear of the ugly" part, I watched Princess Diaries today. Basically, Mia was kinda hideous before her princess makeover. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, she just had a definite nerd look to her. Much different than Laney Boggs transformance from geeky artsy type to miss popularity in She's All That. Let's face it, she was pretty much always gorgeous. And Nanny McPhee is on right now but I can hardly watch it due to the scariness of Nanny McPhee's appearance. I am shallow, it's true. I appreciate the beautiful things in life. And I have a hard time tolerating the ugly. It's something I should work on, I know. But I blame it on a low self esteem, a fear that I might be one of them.
2 comments:
whatever, you are not one of the ugly things... and you can just join my friend jessamyn in her quest to stamp out all of the ugliness in the world. I mean really, we just want the world to be a prettier place, is that such a bad thing.
James! Sweet blog! Hope you are doing well. Stay in touch. We are going to link to you.
Danny and Anne Marie
Post a Comment