Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time flies...

It's crazy to think that it's already July. And to be honest that is completely frustrating for me. I don't mind DC. But I'm not really happy here either. There are a lot of reasons for that but I will say living here has been a great learning experience for me. However, I can remember saying back in April, maybe even March, that I would be out of here by August. I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. In fact, at the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to be out of here by October. Time overwhelms me. It goes by way too fast and then when I sit back and realize how much time has gone by, I belittle myself for not acting faster, not working harder, not doing enough to get me to where I want to be. I don't like the idea that I'm just sitting here in DC wasting time but sometimes I do feel a little trapped. I look at my coworkers who have been in the hospitality industry for years and wonder how they do it. I know a lot of them would like better positions, better salaries, etc. and I think the problem is they've gotten trapped too. To be completely honest, I REALLY don't want to be doing what I do for even another 6 months. And many of you might see 6 months and think well yah, that's a long time. But trust me, it's not. It's hard to believe I've lived here for almost 8 months. Time has totally and completely flown by. And maybe that has to do with the fact that I've had a lot of big changes (a move to DC, a grown up job, a new little niece on the way, my little sister got engaged...those are all pretty big) but at the same time, I've had a lot of hardships up here too (crazy roommate) which you would think would make time drag. I guess it's really a combination of both.

ANYWAYS...in other news, I got my wisdom tooth taken out last week. Yah, just one. I only had one. Everything went really well and afterwards I got to experience how it would be for me if I had a severe lisp. It was extremely irritating for me and incredibly hilarious to my parents. And yah, thats about all of my new news. I'll be the first to say it, my life is not very exciting. So, for my next post, y'all can look forward to another crazy roommate story.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm really enjoying this new, cheerier template!