Sunday, July 27, 2008

New kitty and random thoughts...

So when I went home this past week, I actually met 2 new additions to the family: Delainey and Kota. Kota is our new little kitty, I guess it's Darin's kitty and really, if he treats him anything like the way Devin and Sarah treated their cat Lucy before Delainey came along, I guess I'd kinda be Kota's aunt too. He is soo cute. Apparently he was found all covered in mud and hungry and had no one to take care of him so my family took him in. Here are some pictures of cute Kota:





The only bad thing about Kota is his foot fetish. He LOVES feet, mainly attacking them while you're walking around or when you're watching tv and least expect it. He's fun though and he fits in well with the family with his blonde hair, blue eyes.

In other news, I had a terrible thought today. Jenna is getting married in less than 2 weeks and I fear that I will now be banished to the kids' table at all holiday functions now because I have no significant other. You can't put Jenna at the kids' table without putting Erik there too. But why would they do that? They wouldn't because when you're married, you're automatically put at the adult table. So who cares if I'm 3-4 years older, I'm not married, thus I must sit at the kids' table. Not fair. I mean, this may not happen but it could, and that's what I'm worried about.

And another thought I had today....also on marriage. While I was getting ready for work I started wondering what it would feel like to be married your whole life and wondering what made people do certain things, or change in ways that would cause you to grow apart, not closer together. My next obvious thought was at what age do you reach the point where you've been married as long as you've been alive. I gave this some thought for about oh, 20 seconds, before I realized you'll never be married as long as you've been alive. I had just been thinking of being married for half of your life but somehow changed it to your whole life. And be honest, how many of you sat and thought for a moment about when you would be married your whole life? (Jenna, I know you thought about it) Ha, that might've been more confusing then it was supposed to be, oh well, I think you all understand it now.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

you have a future in pet photography. Can Lucy have a session sometime?