Monday, July 28, 2008

Oompa loompa?

So last week my sister suckered me into going tanning with her since she had a coupon for a free mystic tan. I didn't qualify for the coupon so I just bought a membership and figured I'd use it for a month and then cancel after her wedding....I need some color for that anyways. Well, with my membership I get 2 free upgrades to the Platinum beds, as well as a mystic tan. It turns out Jenna chickened out of the mystic tan due to fear of becoming an oompa loompa afterwards. Well, I'm not one to waste money so today I was like, what the heck, I paid for it. And I don't have to work again until Wednesday so if it looks terrible, well, I have 2 days to recover.

They made me watch the video (which is a little hilarious, the lady is shaking her hair around like models do with the wind fan) and then they sent me to my chamber of doom. Basically, if you've seen the Friend's episode where Ross goes tanning, that's what it's like. You get ready outside the little chamber and then step inside and wave your hand in front of a sensor for it to start. This one has a voice telling you when to turn and you turn 4 times. What nobody tells you is that it's like a freakin gas chamber!! I thought I was gonna die! I have a new found appreciation for all of the Jews who lost their lives in the gas chamber. Sorry, that was perhaps a lil inappropriate and too much of an exaggeration. Seriously though, it's terrible. They do give you a nose filter, but the stuff stinks and I was scared I was gonna make it fall out by breathing through my nose. So instead I tried to hold my breath every time the spray came on. However, every time I opened my mouth to take a deep breath I only succeeded in inhaling the leftover spray that still lingered in the air. I've had a sore throat ever since. So was it worth it? You tell me....



So do I look like an oompa loompa? My hands got a lil orangey on the bottom side near my wrists. I think I'd be great for one of those Orbit commercials though, my teeth look super white. I kinda feel the way Ben Stiller looked in Zoolander when him and Owen dressed up as custodians to break into the computer. And to be honest, I doctored that picture a lil bit. Here's an undoctored photo...


I think I look pretty normal, especially in pictures. And for all of you who think I'm showin too much skin, sorry, I just wanted to give you skin to base your opinion off of besides just my face. So anyways, that was my tanning experience. I might would do it again, if I wore a gas mask.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Dang, i think you look really good. Can i fly out there and get a gas chamber tan with you?