So...those of you who know me well, maybe not even that well, might just know that I have a crazy roommate. It's true, this is not by any means an exaggeration. Ok, maybe it is. I don't think she's ever been tested for psychological crazyness. But she is. Crazy. We call her Godzilla sometimes around the house when she's not here. That's more because she stomps everywhere she goes, I kid you not. We have tried to stomp around the house like she does, but we just get tired. I don't know how she does it. But that's not what makes her crazy. That's what makes her loud...and actually that's why we call her Godzilla. Again, we only call her that when she's not here. Now I will say, I didn't realize she was crazy when I first started living here. It was something that has gradually happened. Let me tell you a few stories, and these stories will probably each be a post of their own, more so because I do have other things I need to be doing. Ridiculous I know.
So my first story about my crazy roommate, whom of course I will not name. Okay, maybe eventually her name will be leaked out but at this point she shall remain nameless. So, it's about February. Maybe even January. I don't even know, the months here all just blur together. I just know it was cold outside but hey, that was up until May. So anyways, my dear roommate has taken it upon herself to redo all the tile in our entry way. I wish I had a before and after shot to show you the true damage of what she did. I guess I should tell you that there were a few loose tiles. But she thought she needed to rip up the majority of the tiles and then re-glue them. Here is a finished product of what she did:
I just noticed we still have a snowflake welcome mat. Oh well, I digress. Do you see this finished product? Do you see that she 1) hasn't moved her bucket since she did it? 2) never bothered to put grout inbetween the tiles and 3) never bothered to lay them STRAIGHT?? Now most of you may know I am not the tidiest person, but still, these crooked tiles bother me. Okay, I just wanted you guys to see the picture so you'd know where I was coming from.
So anyways, it comes time for me to pay the cable/internet bill. So I post a note saying I need $10 from everyone. Well she tells me that it took about $10 per person to do her repair so she figures that makes us even. I say, "Um, I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were all paying for this." And she goes, well yah, it's a repair. I pay for my own little projects(like the wall she painted red) but everyone chips in on repairs. I say, "oh. Okay. Well just for future reference, if you could just let me know ahead of time for things that you want me to pay for I'd appreciate it. And to be completely honest with you, the tiles aren't done yet. I mean you have to put grout inbetween the tiles and as it is, everytime we walk over them we're just bringing in dirt that's getting stuck between the tiles. I would rather just pay someone else to come in and do it who has the time to do it all at once." That was me trying to be tactful. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. But apparently I did. She didn't talk to me for 2 weeks. Does that make her crazy?? No, not necessarily. But I think it's a sign of things to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment