Actually, and luckily, she's not really my roommate. She's the pompous witch who took my room in VA. And this is quite a saga so it just might have to be written in a series. And while I'm here I'll go ahead and apologize for the lack of blogging but alas, my life is lacking in the excitement area.
Okay, so....let's start the story. I moved down to NC like November 7th. At that point, I hadn't found anyone to take my room yet but I wasn't too worried since I had turned in my 30 day notice. On November 15th, I emailed my landlord to ask him about getting my security deposit back. He wasn't very helpful until my dad finally called him and on November 27th got him to say that in order for me to get my security deposit back, I needed to get the other 3 girls to agree to it. So on December 1st, I emailed Corinna and asked her if she could talk about it with the other 2 and just told her that I hoped everything was going well. It was a very nice email. 10 days later and I still hadn't heard from her. So naturally, I facebooked her. Well on December 12th she finally got back to me...and this is what her email said:
Hey Jamie,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Things have been kind of crazy with work and finals, and then I was out of town last weekend. How's the new job going? Hope things are good in N.C.
Here's the deal with the room and deposit. Celeste and I found someone to take the room - she moved in at the begining of Dec. Because she just moved here and just started a job, she obviously doesn't have much money. We weren't sure what was going on with the deposit, so we told her not to worry about it. Because we found her to take the room, we thought this would be alright. I have no idea what's going on with Jerry. If he wants to call and talk to us about it, that's fine. Hope that helps.
Corinna
I put the text that stood out to me the most in bold. Go read it again. Yes, that's right. These girls took it upon themselves to tell this girl she didn't need to bother with giving me my security deposit back. Um....hello...it's not your decision to make! It's not your $400 that you'll be missing! Idiots.
So I wrote her back and just said that I actually did want my deposit back and that because the new girl was in a tough monetary situation I'd be happy to work out some sort of payment plan with her. And Corinna wrote back just to say that she had passed the email along and she was going to let me and Kathryn work it out. Yes, that's right. The new crazy roommate's name is Kathryn also. And by the end of this saga, you might just think she's actually more ridiculous than the other Katherine. If that's even possible. So check back in a day or 2 for more on this situation.
1 comment:
Don't you love how you can never escape your past mistakes?? I heard from a roommate a year and a half after I moved out about something like this...so irritating.
Post a Comment