That's what they say. Just so you know, that's not true. I would like to say cars never run into the same house twice. But that's not true either. I learned that one from personal experience. Yah, you remember that "Never have I ever" post? I totally one upped it. Less than a month later. I mean really, what are the odds? It was really not a good way to start the week.
Let's start at the beginning. I'm at work. I get a phone call from Will but I ignore it because there's a client in the office. Then I get a text from Will asking me to call him. The client leaves and I call Will. He tells me that he got a voicemail from the property manager telling him a car had run into our house....again. And then he tells me he'll call me back. Awesome. While I'm waiting for him to call me back I fill my new financial advisor in on the first time it happened. Then Will calls me back and says that he just got off the phone with the property manager and yes, another car had hit our townhouse so he was going to go home and check it out. I asked him if I should go home too and he said, no, he'd call once he got there. So I wait. And then I get the call from Will. "Jamie, there's a van literally inside our house. There's an ambulance, police cars, etc. I need to go talk to the police." Well, do I need to come home now? I ask. Yah, you probably should. So I tell my financial advisor I'm leaving and head for home.
I call my mom. My sister answers and I tell her what happened and then just start crying. Thank you pregnancy hormones. About 5 minutes later my mom calls me. I start crying again. As I'm driving I'm telling myself I need to pull it together. I pull onto my street and see multiple cop cars and about 20+ people standing outside with cameras and then I see the van. It's whole front half is inside where our kitchen is located. Apparently the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel. I pull into my parking spot and wonder what to do next. I don't see Will anywhere. Should I just walk into my house and act like there's not a van stuck in the wall? I call Will and ask him where he is. He comes to find me. As soon as I see him I burst into tears. (Again? Yup. Don't worry, I think that was the last time. That day.) They tell us we can't go inside until after it's been inspected so we wait for about an hour before they tell us it's unsafe, we can go inside and get our things but we can't stay there. Take a look:
 |
| It's stuck in there pretty good I think. |
 |
| The view from across the street. |
 |
| See the broken wood near the corner? That was from the first time. |
 |
| The hole. And the tire tracks from going in and out. |
 |
| Pipes, wires, etc. |
 |
| That knife had been in our sink. Apparently the impact just sent it flying. |
 |
| The aftermath. |
 |
| See the dish drying rack up on the ceiling? I promise that's not where we kept it. |
 |
| There's the sink next to the microwave. It used to be where the hole is now. |
 |
| The view walking into our townhouse from the front door. |
 |
| Oh, hey. I wanted a window there anyways. |
So that's what happened. Will and I stayed in a hotel for the first week after it happened. It's really not quite as glamorous as it might sound. Maybe if we could've just taken a vacation from life it would've been more relaxing. Now we're living with my parents. We were told it would take 3 months to fix the townhouse and really, we don't have 3 months. Baby is due in less than 2 months now!! So we're just gonna keep it real at my parents until Will graduates (Dec) and hopefully finds a job soon after. Or even before would be nice. :) So yah, life's a little bit crazy right now and there's a lot that's just up in the air right now but we're safe, baby's healthy and just as active as ever and we have a place to stay so we're good.
No comments:
Post a Comment