Had something like THIS happen to me before. Nor did I think it ever would. Here is Will's account of the event.
"
Around
1:30 am I heard a boom that woke Jamie and I up. I put it off as
thunder and went back to bed. About 20 minutes later, Jamie woke me up
and said she heard pounding on the door. I looked out of our second
floor front window and didn't see anybody or any cars, so I didn't know
what to think. After several more minutes she convinced me to go check
things. Well when I looked out of our back window I saw a couple of
police cars shining their lights at our townhouse. When I looked down, I
was shocked to see a smashed up blue Mazda 6 on our back patio. When I
went down stairs, I was also surprised that I could hear everything
going on outside through my living room. Turns out a couple of young
males stole the car from 3 blocks down and whipped around my street
going probably about 80 and lost control, slammed the brakes, went over
the 2 curbs, through a sign, clipped a tree and smashed sideways into
the side of our townhouse and my new(ish) grill :( The grill proceeded
to smash through the sliding glass doors to our living room. The police
had shown up and thought nobody was home since we didn't answer the door
right away. We're all fine everything is being taken care of, but the
driver and his passenger were seen hobbling from the scene. The police
have descriptions from multiple witnesses so hopefully they can do their
job."
My version is only slightly different. I actually don't remember hearing a boom, I just know I woke up and knew something was off. When Will told me it was thunder, I didn't buy it. The computer in our guest room had somehow "woken up" and was shining into our room. Our computer doesn't just wake up...you have to shake the mouse. Because of that fact, I kinda started freaking myself out while Will slept peacefully beside me. I watched the light the computer was casting on our wall, looking for shadows and listened for any noises that sounded out of place. I think I had almost fallen back to sleep when there was the banging on the door. However, since Will hadn't heard it, he wasn't convinced and was asking me if I was sure that's what I heard. Since I didn't hear anything else, I became unsure and wondered if I had imagined it. I still couldn't sleep though. I was just super tense and still a little paranoid. Will finally sensed that I wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon which was when he offered to go check things out. Finally!
 |
| The car...we didn't get a pic of the other side but it was just as smashed. |
 |
| Inside our living room. |
 |
| A part of the grill that crashed through the sliding glass door. |
 |
| Check out all that glass! There was so much! |
 |
| Took out our rose bush, flattened the drain pipe, left some paint and cracked the brick! |
 |
| Where it all started. You can see the tire tracks up the hill where they slid sideways up to our house. |
 |
| The tree they hit that sent them into the sideways skid. |
 |
| Our trashbag covered door. Don't worry - we have it boarded up now. Much safer. :) |
1 comment:
oh my - CRAZY! Glad ya'll are ok.
Post a Comment