Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rewind It Back


Where does the time go?  How is May June almost over?  Yes, I started this post at the end of May. This is ridiculous.  We're going to rewind it back all the way to Easter and catch up from there.  Will and I dyed eggs this year.  I didn't know how creative my boo was until I busted out the hard boiled eggs and the dye. 

Will did the blue one with the face, the green one and the orange/red one.  The green and orange ones looked cooler in real life.
I'm the lame-o who just sticks the eggs in one color and lets them just soak it up.  Although I did put polka dots on my yellow one. 





The week after Easter, Will, his brother Ben and I all drove up to Ithaca, NY for his grandmother's memorial service.  She had passed away at the end of March.  On the way up we made a pit stop in Hershey, PA.  Will and Ben had never been and I remembered that they gave you a free fun size hershey bar at the end of the ride.  Seemed like a good place to stop. Only this time they gave us some little Hershey drops.  Not as good. And I was really tempted to buy a 5 lb Hershey kiss or even just a bag of candy but it's not even a good deal.  You can definitely get it cheaper at the grocery store although you would never know it based on how some people were stocking up on it!
So excited to learn about making chocolate.

Who knows?

Ben is scared of the cow.

It could be a little disturbing I suppose. 

Finally we made it to Ithaca.  The next day Will took me around Ithaca and drove me to Trumansburg to see where he used to live.  It was fun to see parts of where he's grown up.  I didn't take a picture of his grandmother's house that he lived in as a kid or the house next door to his grandmother's where he lived in high school.  Oops.  We went to Taughannock Falls (yah I spelled that right on my first try) which is apparently the largest (tallest?) or one of the largest water falls on the east coast.  Call me crazy but I didn't think it looked that big.  Oh well.

Along the 3/4 mile trail to the falls. 
There she is....in all her glory.

  From the lookout point off the main road.



































































That afternoon we went to his grandmother's memorial service which was small and simple, but nice.  I also met some of Will's family that I hadn't met yet so that was nice.  After the service we all went to the herb garden that Will's grandfather designed for Cornell University.  He was the curator of the botanical gardens for the school. Afterwards, we went to dinner at a chinese buffet place.  I had been craving some mashed potatoes and this place had them!  The next day Will and I headed on home.  We stopped at Gettysburg this time so Will could snap a pic with Honest Abe. 

Check it out Abe.

Gettysburg

A memorial at Gettysburg. I think for the soldiers from Pennsylvania.





We didn't do the tour properly so I think we actually missed quite a bit of history but we also didn't want to spend the 3 hours driving around that it recommends. Maybe next time. And that concludes this catch up post. Thanks for hanging in there!

No comments: