Monday, April 16, 2012

Cruisin' Together

Will and I went on a cruise at the beginning of March for his (hopefully) last ever Spring Break.  We had a great time going to some new places.  We left from Miami and went to Cozumel and Costa Maya in Mexico, Isla Roatan in Honduras and Grand Cayman.  Roatan and Grand Cayman were our favorite stops but Chacchoben in Costa Maya was pretty sweet too.  Enjoy the pictures!

Miami from the cruise ship

One of our little port hole windows

Our friend in Cozumel

Our tour guide and one of the ruins in Chacchoben
The living quarters.

Will and I in front of one of the ruins.  These bad boys were just recently excavated like 10 years ago.  Basically, anywhere you see a big hill in Chacchoben means there are ruins underneath all the grass, trees,etc.

Worshipping the sun god.  Or the basketball god.  It was the ACC tourney at the time.

What the Mayans saw when looking out over their kingdom.
Will playing peek a boo.

The port of Costa Maya.  Yup, those colorful buildings are it.  The village is a couple miles away.

The water slide on our boat.  Fun surprise: it uses salt water.

Funny story.  Our cab driver in Roatan didn't know where to take us so he just dropped us off and made us walk the rest of the way.  This banana tree was along our walk.
As was this pretty little flower.

The coconut tree that provided my shade while on the beach. :)

The private little beach we found in Roatan.  Seriously, there were only like 5 other people there.  Will snorkeled.  I sunned.  And attempted to snorkel but decided I'm not a fan. 

The view behind my beach chair.
The bigger-than-I-like hermit crab that Will found while snorkeling.

Beautiful Roatan.  We'd love to go back. 

Us and our boat in Grand Cayman.  They don't have a dock on the island so you dock out at sea and then tender to the mainland. 

Cemetary Beach, Grand Cayman.  Seriously, that's what it's called. 

We'll be back someday. 

Baby sea turtles at the sea turtle farm.

Will caught one.
I think our friend followed us from Cozumel.

I caught one too. 

Pictures don't do these guys justice. 

Close to sunset our last night.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Jealous! Pretty pictures.