Monday, February 20, 2012

Low

On Friday I achieved a new low at work.  I hid from the mail man.  Let me back up to Thursday.  The mail man came and we apparently owed the post office some money for some mail that had incorrect addresses.  $8.13 to be exact.  Well I had no cash and Hoss hates paying for those so I just asked the mail man to bring it back the next day.  Friday morning I asked Hoss about it and he was like "I'm not paying for that.  It's stupid." (He had legitimate reasons, I just don't want to go into it.) So come mail time on Friday I just kinda slouched down in my chair and put my head on my desk.  Luckily, my desk is tall enough that you can barely see me when I'm sitting straight so for all appearances, there was no one in my office.  Then came the knock.  And about 30 seconds later, another knock.  I just kept my head down and played Angry Birds on my phone.  A minute later I heard the mail being pushed under the door.  I still waited a full 5 minutes before picking my head up and even then, I did it very cautiously and peeked over the edge of the desk to make sure the coast was clear.  And THAT is my new low.  Hiding from the mail man instead of just sucking it up and telling him a) we weren't paying or b) I still had no cash. 
This was pretty much how I felt. 

No comments: