Will surprised me with tickets to the Zac Brown Band concert back in May as an early Mother's Day gift. He got the tickets from a lady on craigslist who said she won them in a radio contest. She didn't know where the seats were and just told Will to pay after the concert, however much he thought it was worth. So we get there and I send Will up to the box office to get the tickets while I sit in the car a bit longer. He comes back with the tickets and these green wrist bands. Apparently they were for an "Eat and Greet" which we had no idea what that was but Will was told it was free food and we were starving so we went to check it out. Turns out, Zac Brown's buddy is a chef who goes on tour with him and makes a meal using local produce. The BAND members actually serve the meal to about 100 fans and then walk around and chat with everyone! So Will and I got our free drinks and free plates of food and went and sat down.
 |
| Ignore the pin-up girl, I just wanted to show you that I'm not making it up. |
 |
| The food - I don't even remember what all it was but it was pretty delicious. |
|
|
Call us lame but we never actually went to talk to Zac Brown. We were only like 10 feet away from him though- that was good enough for us. He seemed really nice though. After dinner, we went to find our seats. Turns out, they were like 7 rows back from the stage. I felt like a VIP. Unfortunately most of our pictures are blurry so I'll spare you those but just take my word for it. About 15 minutes into the concert, I realized the bass guitar player looked really familiar. Turns out, he had been sitting at our table during dinner! I seriously thought he was just some redneck Zac Brown Band fan (I mean he had like a pretty serious fu manchu going on, cut me some slack)
 |
| Picture from the ZBB website- now imagine him in an old t shirt and jeans and tell me you wouldn't have thought the same thing. |
|
|
All in all it was an awesome night and we're pretty sure we're gonna try Craigslist for all of our upcoming concert experiences!
No comments:
Post a Comment