Let me start by saying Will and I are pretty much complete opposites. He's a math/science guy, I never really liked those subjects. He can't sit still to save his life and I'm perfectly happy sitting around for hours with a good book or a good movie (Example: We went to the beach over Easter with my family. Will rented a metal detector to keep himself entertained because I had already warned him I just wanted to lay out on the beach with a book. He seriously used it for HOURS.) I think about every little thing and remember all those little things and he just...doesn't. He forgets things all the time. I actually know his family members' birthdays better than he does now. When I forget something he makes a HUGE deal out of it and tells me I'm turning into him. I've come to expect him to forget things but sometimes he just amazes me with his absentmindedness. And I mean that in the nicest way possible :).
Yesterday Will and I went grocery shopping. We were driving up a hill and the light turns yellow. Will FLOORS it and then about 10 feet from the light decides he's not going to make it. So he SLAMS on the brakes. And since it had been rainy that day we proceed to skid and stop about halfway through the intersection. At which point (since we're already halfway through the red light) he proceeds to drive through. I was like "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?" His response: "I dunno". Awesome. I'm just glad there were no cars nearby.
Then we get to the grocery store. I sent Will to go grab a few items with the cart and then he met me at the cracker aisle or something. We knew we had a coupon for something but when Will went to look he realized all the coupons were gone. He figured they must have fallen out of the cart so he leaves me with the cart and walks off. About two minutes later Will comes walking back with the biggest, sheepish looking grin on his face and tells me that's not our cart. Apparently Will had gotten confused and grabbed someone else's cart and walked off with their stuff. In his defense, both carts contained a can of pineapple. But seriously, these events were within 30 minutes of each other.
I know, I know....we all have our moments. It's just more fun to blog about his. If I have a really good one I'll be sure to let you know. (Will just told me he'd start his own blog of all my "moments")
2 comments:
hahaha--I have also taken someone else's cart before. I guess Will's not the only absent-minded one!
Hilarious! Good post.
Post a Comment