Thursday, June 23, 2011

Love Connection

Today I had the privilege of witnessing a modern day fairy tale. A true love connection. I was strolling downtown (read: running an errand for work) when I noticed two women crossing the street in front of me. One was short, a little plump and had on a SHORT little number that barely covered her rear end. The other was tall and thin with skinny jeans and heels. I'll call them Jane and Jill.

So Jane and Jill are walking across the street, Jane is trying to keep her rear end covered, when all of a sudden Jill yells "How y'all doin?" I just assumed she was talking to the old people who hang out near Chick Fil A but next thing I know I hear Jane yell "Y'all got wives?" I quickly glance around to see who they could be talking to and lo and behold there are two men sitting in a pick up truck on the corner. They answer "Nope" to which Jane asks "Y'all got girlfriends?". Nope. "What's your number?" Way to get straight to the point Jane. I'm laughing quietly to myself as I walk by and then turn around and take one last glance backwards. Jane and Jill had crossed the street again to talk to the men through their truck window.

After I ran my errand I looked for them again but I didn't see them. I like to imagine Jane and Jill hopped into the back of the pick up and rode off into the sunset with their new found loves that don't have wives or girlfriends. Thanks for keepin it classy City of Oaks.

No comments: