Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Do Potties...

I had quite the morning today. After I got to work I was asked to go deliver a job somewhere. As I get in the elevator, there's already a man in there. He says hi and asks me how I'm doing, I tell him I'm fine thanks and ask how he is. Just polite elevator conversation. Then he asks me if he can give me his business card. I was like sure, what's it for? I glanced at him and he had on an electrical company shirt so I figured he was an electrician or something. He says "I do potties". Ok, so he's a plumber. He goes on to say "You know, like passion potties." Oh. Apparently he's missing an "r" because he means parties. He hands me his card. It says "Indulge yourself" and something about your sweet spot. I just said thanks. And got off the elevator as quickly as I could before I died of laughter.

Fast forward to about an hour or two later and I'm walking back to work with 2 HUGE binders. We're talking 5-in binders completely filled. I walk by the barbershop on the corner and the older guy who's always outside is sittin out there and says something about my heavy load. I agree and then the wind blows. And it blows my skirt up. And my arms are full so all I can do is go "Oh!" and bend over a little in hopes that my skirt will go back down. I'm not sure how high it went but I'm sure it was high enough for everyone around to realize I don't wear normal underwear. And when I walked back by an hour later I got two thumbs up from the older gentleman sitting outside. I'm not sure how to interpret that one.

Lessons learned: Don't just agree to take random people's business cards and don't wear the light flowy skirt just because it's going to be 80 degrees. Atleast check to see if it's gonna be a windy day.

2 comments:

LemonOne said...

Thanks for the deep chuckle to your posting on the 22nd. I guess he does potties but I can readily see that you do not "think highly" of his kind of potties!!
How about that funny underwear and the two thumbs up!! Think he is ready for the missionaries??!!

Nursing School by Night said...

The worst is when you know that people who don't know what the undies are saw them. Not such a problem here in Utah, but anywhere else I live, I know people are gonna be like what the....?!