Will proposed on September 4th, the day after his birthday. He came over to my house and picked me up for a picnic. We went to Shelly Lake over by house and the original plan was to go out on the paddle boats but when we got there we found out they were closed. So we just went for a walk and then ate our picnic lunch. After our lunch we kicked around a soccer ball and threw a frisbee around. Then Will asked me if I was ready for dessert. I told him I wasn't but could see he really wanted some so I said okay. He told me to get it out of the lunch basket and I pulled out a chocolate bar with a Diamonds Direct wrapper. I asked him when he got it and he was just like oh I just got it. And then he just stared at me. I was like okay. He kept staring and then asked if I was ready to go home. At this point I was pretty sure there was something else he wanted to ask but I wasn't gonna push anything so I just said sure, if you are. He stared at me a lil longer and then said "Jamie, I love you." I told him I loved him too and he then asked me to marry him. I started laughing. Not the reaction he wanted haha. I did say yes though...after he was like so, will you?
A few things to know....Shortly after we got to Shelly Lake I was suspicious because Will was wearing a short sleeve button down. He NEVER wears button downs unless I tell him to. Right before lunch he said he was going to call his mom and proceeded to walk like 20 feet away from me. He NEVER bothers to walk away when on the phone with his mom. Turns out he had been trying to get a hold of my dad all morning and was giving it one last shot. Luckily, he got a hold of my dad and was able to ask for permission; although he had already left my dad a message saying what he was going to do and if he didn't hear back from my dad before it happened, he was still going to propose.
And now that you've made it through the shortened version here are some engagement pictures. We actually don't have any pictures from the actual engagement but my sister in law took these and I think they're pretty amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment