Will and I met in the Durham Singles Ward. When I first started going back to the singles ward after moving back home Will was dating a girl and the first thing I thought when I saw them together was that they were disgustingly lovey-dovey in public. He always had his arm around her and they would always sit and whisper and they both laughed the EXACT same way. They would cover their mouths. I thought it was obnoxious but I didn't know him so it was whatever.
My family and I went on a 3 week vacation to the west coast over the summer and by the time I got back Will had broken up with his girlfriend. I still didn't talk to him. He was the goofy guy who wore "I heart Mormon girls" shirts. Definitely not someone I'd be interested in. We hung out with the same group and played volleyball every Monday after FHE but never really talked...until our ward went on a white water rafting trip. We rode down in separate cars (he was in a car with two girls he thought were cute and wanted to get to know them better) but by the end of the night we were chattin it up.
Although I don't remember being interested in him by this time, for some unknown reason, I asked him to be in my raft. Although he had already promised another girl(seriously, how many girls did he have?) he would be in her raft, he made it work by putting his group with my group in one raft. Will sat in front of me the whole rafting trip. I was a little nervous because the first time I went rafting I fell out and I didn't want that to happen again. I found that if Will sat directly on top of my foot I felt very secure so I told him not to move. And he didn't. The whole time. And if he did, he immediately moved back. I do remember being impressed by how considerate that was. We talked the entire time we were on the river and played a game called "Deal Breaker". Pretty much you just throw out different dating scenarios and say whether or not that would be a deal breaker for you ie: a girl who doesn't shave or a guy who has really bad bacne. I promise some of them were more serious.
On the ride home we both stayed with the group we had come up with. I won Will over by mooning him while he was driving. Don't worry...I just stuck my clothed bottom up to the window and I did it to the bishop too. No need to make Will feel too special. The next day I left church early because I wasn't feeling well and Will friended me on facebook (the ultimate sign of interest) and sent me a message telling me to get better soon. About a week later he asked me out on a double date with two of our friends and the rest is history. Sort of. Will was interested and I played hard to get so I went on a few dates with another guy for about a month before deciding to date Will exclusively. And now the rest is history.
*If you talk to Will he will tell you that his first impression of me was that I was LOUD and that the moment he really started liking me was on the rafting trip when he turned around and saw me shivering and just felt like he wanted to take care of me.
1 comment:
haha i laughed out loud about the "mormon girl tshirts...definietly not someone i'd be interested in" haha.
oh, will!
oh, today there was a monkey on tv and delainey goes, "mom! a monkey, like will!"
: )
Post a Comment