Yah yah, it's been awhile. Oh well.
Here's the deal: I was sittin here thinking about the good ole' days. I think it actually all started because I was thinking about the gas prices and I can remember a time in high school when gas went below a dollar and was 99 cents. And then I remembered a road trip with my family where my dad got SO mad because gas was $1.19 and I was like what's the big deal? I'll pay the extra 19 cents....Yah, I was so naive back then. Now I know.
But really I feel like in some ways, kids these days are just gettin robbed. Think about the super cool cartoons we had. Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Gummi Bears, David the Gnome, My Little Ponies, He Man, TMNT, I mean the list goes on and on. And then look at the cartoons today. It's all that Japanese animation stuff. I mean I had Gummi Bears, my little brother had Pokemon. Gummi Bears wins HANDS DOWN.
And remember when you could buy a candy bar for like fifty cents or cheaper. And now the standard price is like sixty eight cents or something ridiculous. And we got the slap bracelets when they were cool and now they're lame and don't even work well. Or remember the awesome shows we had on Nickelodeon...Doug, Rugrats, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Salute Your Shorts...I couldn't even tell you what comes on now. It's probably similar to the Suite Life of Zach and Cody or Wizards of Waverly Place.
Remember when going to the movies didn't cost an arm and a leg? Or going bowling for that matter...it's like $25 for two people these days. Or remember when people actually used to use a real phone and would call you up? And now it's all just texting these days. I mean, boys even ask girls out in texts instead of in person or in a phone call! Sometimes I feel so old fashioned because I don't have email on my phone or because I actually call people to ask them questions instead of just texting them.
Anyways, there's obviously some pros to bein a kid today (Mario Wii anybody) but sometimes I just miss the good ole' days.
1 comment:
Amen sista :)
Post a Comment