Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm scurred...

Ha so it took me a month to update this time...oh well. So in honor of the upcoming holiday on Saturday here is a short post dedicated to things of which I am scared of (or scurred). And they are all completely tangible things, none of this "I'm scared of being alone forever" ridiculousness or "I'm scared I'll never find a job (PUH LEEEZ- this is the life! Ha, jk). So here's my list:

1) Bugs- pretty much all bugs except for lady bugs and rolly polies. With cockroaches and spiders being in the lead. Example: This past weekend my mom, sister and I all went to Charleston, SC for a night. Well as my sister starts pullin down the comforter on the bed she also starts shrieking and making all sorts of weird noises. Mom and I were like what the heck is wrong with you. She was like there's a crawlie thing on the bed! Sure enough, there was a spider probably the length of my pinkie sittin on top of the comforter. It was truly one of the most hideous, and ginormous, spiders I have ever come in contact with in person. I was the designated killer...and I failed. I WOULD not go near that thing. They wouldn't let me just throw my shoe at it and I refused to get close enough to just slam my shoe on it. Really, other than that, the hotel was a fine establishment and you should go stay there. Oh and those jumpy spiders...I hate those too.

2) Horses- Every time I have ridden a horse in my life (2x), the horse goes crazy. I refuse to ride a horse ever again. They hate me, it makes me scared, end of story.

3) Big dogs that like to jump on you- If it's a calm dog that minds its own business, I have no problem.

4) The woods at night- I will never walk into the woods at night by myself. That is just begging for bad things to happen.

5) Things that go bump in that night- I dont even know what that means. But I do know that a few months ago I woke up a few nights in a row because there was some sort of tapping on my window in the middle of the night and I was TERRIFIED! I would not turn around to see if I could see a shadow or anything. One time I even called my mom's cell phone because I could hear that she was awake gettin ready for seminary or something and she REFUSED to go outside and investigate. Rude.

6) Dodge Chargers- This is a fear I just realized I had yesterday. You see, while I was driving down to Charleston on Friday, I managed to get pulled over my first 5 minutes on the road. Dont worry, I wasn't speeding. My tags and registration were expired. Oops. Anyways, ever since then whenever I see a Charger my heart speeds up and I get a tight knot in my belly. Ridiculous but the truth. I am now scared of Dodge Chargers. Even ones that don't look like they could be undercover cop cars.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

you should also be afraid of ladybugs. they are terrible.
and i am afraid of horses, too! Hooray for us!