Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life Update

Sorry no exciting news like I'm engaged or dating someone. BUT I did quit my job. I was just miserable and I couldn't see things getting better anytime soon so I after careful consideration I turned in my 2 weeks. I have been unemployed for about 2 weeks now and I LOVE IT! I've had a few job interviews with State Employees' Credit Union and Enterprise and now I"m just waiting to hear what they say. But I really don't regret quitting my job at all. So if you guys know of any jobs that open up, let me know cuz I'm pretty much applying for anything. Haha.

Two weekends ago I went on a white water rafting trip with my ward to the Nolichucky River. I had so much fun! I was kinda terrified about it because I fell out when I went when I was 11 but everything was great this time. We all stayed in this huge cabin called Crockett's Cabin. It's supposedly Davy Crockett's old home. It was quite rustic (their word, I woulda gone with something that sounded less romantic). It had an outhouse about 15 yards away and there were lotsa bugs. But I made it. And the rafting part was awesome! We had a super cool guide that I of course managed to embarrass myself in front of. Most of you who know me will realize that I just ask questions. So I turn around and ask my guide, Are you married? When he said no I was like "well do you want to be?" I still didn't even think anything of it until the other people in my raft started goin DANG JAMIE and laughing hysterically. And that's kinda a hard thing to back peddle out of. I think we managed to get past that awkward moment and still have a great rafting trip. Haha.

So that was just a quick update on the big happenings in my life....maybe next time it wont take 3 weeks for something exciting to happen.

No comments: