Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You're A Lot Prettier When You Smile....

Atleast that's what the homeless man told me yesterday. Thanks...I think. I ran into the same homeless man today and he told me I looked beautiful. Then I walked by a homeless woman who calls me Legs. Every time she sees me she says "Good morning Legs". I like her. A few weeks ago I was running an errand for work and walked by a guy at the bus station. He called me Angel. I'm starting to like these homeless people. They're a great boost for your self esteem. Oh, and yah, I said I was running an errand for work.

That's right people. I got me a job! I've been working for a lil over a month now and so far I get paid to walk, drive and bake cookies. Dozens of cookies. No, I don't work for a bakery. I work for a litigation support company. Don't ask me what that means because I still don't know. Just kidding. Kind of. I work in downtown Raleigh...hence all the homeless people who shower me with compliments. I actually like that part...working in downtown Raleigh, that is. You'd think that having lived here my whole life I'd have spent more time there but nope, I pretty much only went down there for a play or two and 4 graduations. You can see some pretty interesting things in downtown. Like an old man who wears white penny loafers and a blue and white striped seer sucker suit- at least two days in a row. Or a woman who wears a plaid pantsuit. Or a truck driving by with a parade float behind it depicting 5 people being hanged. Or the Farmer's Market every Wednesday. It's good stuff and I've seen a lot of great looking restaurants that I'd like to check out.

Anyways, that's about it for now. Go check out downtown Raleigh sometime. Sit outside the court house and people watch. I guarantee you will enjoy yourself. Just don't walk down Hargett street by the bus station. It's sketchy. And it smells like urine.

1 comment:

The Draughon Family said...

This made me smile, but it also made me question your safety sanity. We need more info about your job...