Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Enemy of Your Enemy....

is your friend. Or so the saying goes. I'm starting to think that either way, you're better off not dealing with either of them. And really, I think I only have maybe 2-3 public enemies....(2 crazy roommates and I'll throw another one in there just for good measure). But I'm not even thinkin about humans. I'm thinkin about those dang mosquitoes. They LOVE me! And there are 2 baby ones flyin around here at work and they're drivin me CRAZY!! And I'm unfortunately not skilled in the art of killing them. So I started thinking about what kills mosquitoes...what is the mosquito's enemy? Aha! I just killed one!! But I digress....what is the mosquito's enemy? Besides me obviously. SPIDERS!! And I HATE spiders! Big ones, little ones, fat ones, skinny ones....I hate them all! SO really....I don't wanna deal with either. And thus, the enemy of your enemy is not your friend, but in fact your enemy also.

Another example: my brother's cat Kota. Most days he really is up there as Public Enemy #1. He follows me everywhere. Especially if I have food. He drives me crazy! And really, my mom doesn't like Kota either so she could be considered his enemy as well. And while my mom's not my enemy...as long as Kota is bugging me and not her, anything Kota does to me is particularly hilarious and she's not gonna bother to come help me.

SO maybe that wasn't the best example...but at the time I was writing it (about 5 seconds ago) it sounded good. And now, 1 dead mosquito, 5 bug bites and me feeling itchy all over, I will end this post.

PS- Putting masking tape on your bug bites makes them less itchy. It's true.

1 comment:

Carla said...

i used to do the tape on the bug bites! until i was completely covered in tape and people looked at me like i was crazy... ok, maybe i am a little crazy