Sunday, July 26, 2009

Are You Serious?

So, in order to keep up on this whole blogging thing I'm gonna share a lil story with you. If you know my family, especially my dad, you'll probably think it's really funny. If you don't, you might still think it's funny, or maybe just plain ridiculous.

Here's the setting. It's Monday night and dad was in charge of treats for FHE (Family Home Evening). After we finished the lesson and everything, Dad went out to buy the treats. While he was gone I was like hey, let's make a bet on what he brings back. Darin said he'd bring back store brand cookies, soda and maybe some chips. I said he'd bring back candy bars, a bunch of different kinds, probably like 8. 2 for each person obviously. And some soda. And Mom said she just hoped he brought back some ice cream.

So Dad finally gets home and he had bought.....candy bars! But only 4 of them. But they were all different. AND here's the kicker....TEN, I repeat TEN, 2-liter bottles of soda!! I was like DAD! Why did you buy TEN bottles of soda? His answer? They were only 50 cents!! To which I said, but what are you gonna do with TEN bottles of soda? He just told me to hush. I still laugh about it. He thinks he's such a bargain shopper.

And another fun lil tid bit...we're drivin home from Devin and Sarah's house tonight (we had all gone over there to celebrate baby D's 1st bday--guess who started walkin today!!). So anyways, we're drivin home and Darin starts singin Lady Gaga's pokerface song. Random I know. So I kinda make fun of him and then he goes...."How do you wake up Lady Gaga?" Anyone?? POKER FACE! Get it? Poke HER face! Haha. Maybe it was more of a "had to be there" thing but I thought it was pretty cute.

1 comment:

Carla said...

i'm starting to think it's a mormon dad thing... stupid bargain soda that you shouldn't even be drinking in the first place