Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hello Again!

Well, here I am again. It's been awhile, I know. I just happened to get bored enough at work that I decided I should pick this thing up again. And really to be honest, I'm always bored at work, it's just that I actually felt like doing this. So to pick up where I left off....(and WARNING: this is going to be a LONG post-- you might have to take breaks to read the whole thing) I tried and tried to get the letter from Kyle up here but it's in PDF and I dunno how to convert it to Word so I can copy and paste it so here are the parts I liked the best:

"Ms. Gilreath would like to resolve this disagreement amicably; however, you have not responded to her recent attempts to contact you. In light of this impasse(LOVE that word), and after consultation with Mr. Cohen, Ms. Gilreath plans to file a complaint against you in Virginia district court for unlawful detainer."

Okay so really that one part was my favorite, it was the middle paragraph. But it sounded so LEGAL. I loved it.

And wouldn't you know it that the day Ms. Crazy gets the letter she sends Kyle this email:

I just received your letter this morning and wanted to send you a copy of the last email communication I had with Jamie Gilreath. After I sent this, she never sent me her address to send her the $200. I was (and still am) willing to pay her a part of the deposit for the apartment, but based on the state of the apartment, I did not feel she should receive a full refund. There were several repairs that needed to be made as well as extensive cleaning to be done.

I also did not receive any communication from Jamie before moving into the apartment, whether in writing or phone, so I could not have signed anything before moving in. I was in communication, however, with her former roommates, and they agreed to let me move in without paying a security deposit because they needed a new roommate to pay Jamie's portion of the rent. Even after talking to Jerry, he said it was my choice in how much of the deposit I agreed to allot back to Jamie.

As for previous phone conversations with Jamie, they have not ended well, so I have chosen to communicate with her through email, though I am more than willing to work through you if that is how Jamie has chosen to do this. But as I said, I still don't even have Jamie's address so I can even send her a portion of the rent.

Thank you,
Kathryn

Can I just say, LIES!? And more lies! SO I went through all my old emails from her and my old roommates and got proof they were lies and then Kyle wrote her another letter, taking each lie and proving it was a lie with various emails. I'm not gonna post anything from that because it was a lengthy email. Like I said, there were a lot of lies. That's when she started gettin snarky.

Here's a few of the goodies from that email:

*while Jamie might think fixing the door will only cost $25, I neither have the tools nor the knowledge to fix it myself, so I will have to call a carpenter, which I can promise you will cost an excess of $150. I also figured I wouldn't both asking her to take care of the broken windowsill because she was so apposed to take care of the door.

*for the sake of getting this resolved, I will send her a check for $253.78--that is the $325 she is requesting minus the $38.75 for the power bill and $32.47 for the water bill, both of which Jamie didn't bother to pay after she left and I ended up paying so her roommates wouldn't have to foot her part of the bill.

*You might be a friend of Jamie's from back home who likes to use the company letterhead to try and take care of her problems, but I can tell you she has handled this situation very poorly from day one.


*Jamie would like to think is has no responsibility for the mess she left behind. So just tell me where to send the check and I will get it off in the mail this week to be done with it.

Kathryn



The whole thing about not paying the bills- more lies. And can you believe the swipe she took at Kyle?? I was SO mad! And did you notice there was no "thank you" at the end like there was in the last one? Oh and have I mentioned she wants to be a writer but have you seen how atrocious her grammer is?

ANYWAYS- so Kyle writes her back and here are the highlights from that email"

*Thank you again for your prompt reply to my email.

*Although it is clear that you and Ms. Gilreath do not see eye to eye on many of these issues, it is still her hope that a compromise can be reached. She appreciates your willingness to discuss these matters in good faith.

*You also ask to withhold an additional $38.75 for electricity and $32.47 for water during her last month at Brighton Court. Ms. Gilreath agrees that you are correct about the power bill. This is the first time either you or any of her former roommates have mentioned this bill to her. Had she been informed of the power bill earlier she would have promptly paid it.

*If it is agreeable to you, Ms. Gilreath is willing to settle this disagreement for $286.25 . The amount of $286.25 represents the $325 we have discussed in our earlier emails as well as $38.75 for the power bill.

* Although it is clear that neither side may be completely happy with this arrangement, it seems preferable to resolving the disagreement in court. As mentioned earlier, it has always been Ms. Gilreath’s hope that this matter could be resolved through compromise. Please let me know if this arrangement is acceptable.

I loved how polite and professional Kyle was even after she had taken that swipe at him. And yet, THIS is her response...

Don't for a second be mistaken in thinking this is anything remotely like a compromise. This is me giving in to Jamie and enabling her in her irresponsible behavior. I am sick of dealing with her, sick of her hassling my roommates and tired of her refusal to realize she is the one at fault here. Do you honestly think if this went to court of even to a real mediator that she would have any kind of case? She screwed herself over, and this is me paying her off to get rid of my problem.Just give me her address so I can send her the check.

Isn't she just lovely? But seriously, what a witch! And this time she didn't even put her name as a close to the letter. Now I will say....I think I did kinda screw myself over slightly just by being so naive but I think it was more 90% got screwed, 10% screwed over self. She was just such a punk about everything and I'm so glad Kyle was able to step in and act as a mediator because heaven knows I would NOT have ever been able to reach a compromise with her. So to end this long, drawn out story, I finally got my check...not for the full $400 but I do believe I came out on top so all's well that ends well. And now you can all look forward to a post that's not related to crazies.



No comments: