Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oktoberfest

Ha. Don't even know if that's how you spell it. Anyways, a lot happened in October. AND I have pictures. YES! Here goes:

At the beginning of the month I went home for a job interview...and for fun. Bronwen was staying at our house while her parents were out of town and Devin was leaving on a business trip and I had to get my quality 'Lainey time in. That Friday we took Bronwen to the zoo and boy, did I learn something new. Gorillas eat their poo!! It was disgusting and of course, Bronwen was enthralled. Here's a picture of the poo eating gorilla...not him eating the poo though.
Also in October, we celebrated lots of birthdays in the family. Mine, mom's, Erik's and Bronwen's. Yes she counts. So I was home again for that. I also got a new job! I started working for the Carolina Club on campus at UNC this past week. It's nice to be back home.


I guess the biggest thing I did in October was take a trip to Utah. I haven't been to Utah in about 5 years and I didn't really remember any of it. I stayed with my good friend Carla (we've been friends since high school) and got to catch up with a lot of my old high school friends who went out to BYU for school. I saw some people that I hadn't seen in like 7 yrs!

On Friday, Carla and I went for a hike at Bridal Veil Falls (or something like that). And then we drove up to Squaw Peak which overlooks all of P-town and I guess Orem. It was beautiful, I'll give it that. And the weather was perfect! It was seriously like high 60s, low 70s during the day. I was there over Halloween and Halloween night I was out in a short sleeve shirt no problem.
The first picture is Bridal Veil, the next is up at Squaw Peak overlooking P-town and then the last pic is me, Carla and her friend Cassie (Cassie was amazing and let me borrow her shirt, hat and boots so I could be a cowgirl).
P-town does have some good qualities. Such as the biggest Target I have ever seen. Not to mention this place called Kneaders which has awesome sandwiches AND all you can eat french toast for $4.99 on Mondays. It was some awesome french toast but I had a plane to catch so I couldn't really fully enjoy the meal. Anyways, all in all it was a great trip and who knows, maybe I'll go back in another 5 years.

No comments: