Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Disrespectful.

This morning at work was a little bit hard for me. Mainly because I had to deal with everyone being so excited about Obama winning and they all knew I voted for McCain. Then one of my coworkers started talking about how after Obama was announced as the winner, people gathered outside of the White House and started singing Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey....goodbye. DISRESPECTFUL. I was like dang, that's so messed up. And one of my coworkers has the audacity to tell me that "you're no fun". My response: "Excuse me? That is completely disrespectful. I don't care who you are and whether or not you agree with the man and his policies but he is the freaking President of the United States and that in and of itself deserves respect. Just because I'm not gonna sing that song means I'm no fun. No, I just know that this is not one of those times to have fun. Freakin grow up 30 something year old who is a bellman at a hotel." Oh SNAP! Ha, so I didn't tell him to grow up but I totally thought it, and I did say everything else which he tried to tune out. But honestly, that is so ridiculous. George W. Bush has had to deal with a lot of crap and you know what, my hat's off to him. He might have had some of the lowest approval ratings but he still held his head high and continued to do his job to the best that he knew how. I think he is a man of great courage and he deserves respect. So, President George W. Bush, job well done. Thank you for serving our country so diligently. And forget about the stupid people who sang good bye to you, you always had my vote.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I totally agree. I think politics have become too immature to handle. Mostly because people who have no idea what they're talking about are so involved now, and those are the people that are always doing stupid stuff like that. I'm glad you stood up for poor President Bush! =)

Sarah said...

Yes! I completely agree with you. He is totally the scapegoat for everyone's problems. There was a good article in the wsj about how treatment of w has been disgraceful, and it's true.

Sarah said...

and after obama has kept us safe for 7 years i'll respect him more, but for the time being can i just say that SNL and late night shows are going to suffer from this choice--barack is SO not funny.