Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Don't You Ever Grow Up

I love watching Liam grow and learn new things but at the same time it makes me so sad that he's getting bigger.  On Friday I discovered that he has a tooth and I was depressed the rest of the day (It was Fri night so there were only a few hours left in the day but still). I completely missed the whole teething process on that one which I guess is a good thing.  He will occasionally roll from his stomach to his back but he still is much better at back to stomach.  We started him on solids two weeks ago.  I thought he would love it but he just seems indifferent.  He opens his mouth to eat but he's not really enthusiastic about it.  Nursing is a little bit harder only because he gets distracted so easily now.  He just wants to see what's going on all the time.  He can sit up by himself pretty well but still needs someone or a soft surface nearby.  He loves Patty Cake but you have to pry his hands apart after the first clap.  I love just sitting and watching him play.  And I love going out in public with him because here in Small Town, NC all the ladies love him.  I get stopped everywhere I go by people telling me how cute he is and then Liam will just start grinning and talking to them and they eat it up and I love that.  :) I love being his mom and feel so blessed to have gotten such an easy baby to start learning how to be a mom with.  He's such a happy baby so I never have had to experiment with different ways of calming him down or with what I was eating but I still learn new things everyday.  Like on Thurs when I was just going to go into town real quick so I didn't bring a diaper bag because I had just changed his diaper before we left.  And then we get to Food Lion and I pick him up and realize he had a major blowout so I just stuck him back in the car seat and turned around and went back home.  Lesson learned.  Never leave home without the diaper bag. 

And now for the pictures (I have some videos too but I need to figure out how to shorten them first because I don't think everyone wants to watch 2 min long videos of my child)

Easter Sunday and his best come hither stare

First time in his crib

Snuggling with his bear

Somehow he pulled his playmat onto himself

Face plant in the sand

He looks so big!

Mother's Day 2013

Watchin the tractor pull in style at the White Lake Water Festival

2 comments:

Jan said...

LOVE the pictures! The one with him and his bear is SO cute! And the one taken Mother's Day eve. And...I could go on and on. Miss you!

Sarah said...

Very cute pics. Love the last one especially. He is growing too fast!