Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Sucker....
Today Will surprised me by coming to see me during my lunch break. He even packed a picnic in honor of our "1 Year First Picnic Anniversary". We enjoyed our lunch and then went and bought dessert from the Farmer's Market. Well as we were sitting on a bench enjoying our dessert this man approaches us and immediately just starts talking to us. He tells us that he's been clean from drugs for 2 years now, that he's from Orlando and then something about his judge telling him what to do in order to get custody of his little girl again. He told us he sells magazines but that nobody wants magazines these days so instead people are just writing down their names and their impressions of him to show support. He showed us how he even had the mayor of Raleigh and the mayor of Clayton sign their names. Then he said something about how if we gave a small donation it would go towards helping a child in a shelter. But he mainly just emphasized writing down our names and our impressions of him to show our support. So we wrote our names. I said he was friendly and easy going. I think Will said he was up front and nice or something. Well wouldn't you know as soon as we signed our names he goes "Ok, that will be $7 for each of you". WHAT?? Well, here's the kicker....Will and I each gave him $7. We obviously had sucker written across our foreheads today. After I told Will that I hoped Heavenly Father gives us blessings for that. But I think by saying that it negates it somehow. Oh well. I apologized to Will about us getting scammed and he just said "Oh well...it was kinda fun. Maybe he didn't completely lie about everything." I think I'm pretty lucky I get to marry a guy with such a positive attitude about things. Oh yah, and Will and I are getting married. In December. On the 18th to be exact. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GREAT story! Don't you just love downtown Raleigh:) CONGRATS on the wedding!
Post a Comment