Friday, July 2, 2010

She Works Hard For The Money...

Hmm...didn't realize that was a song about a hooker but the title fit. So I have officially worked at Legalis for three months now. And I still don't really know how I feel about it. Here's a list of pros and cons:

PROS:
- a paycheck (finally!)
- close to home
- get paid to bake cookies
- get paid to drive
- a paycheck (that's a big one for me)
- walking around downtown

CONS:
- I feel like things progress very slowly, maybe because the boss man is always busy with other things
- can we say 45-50 hr work weeks for the past month and a half?
- monotonous work
- being a contract worker (atleast for the time being- did you know you don't get time and a half if you're a contract worker?

Basically, my job is just that...a JOB. I don't love it. I don't know if I ever will love it. Many days it is downright boring but other days it's not so bad at all. I just wish I'd actually get to do more with what I was hired to do (be a Client Services Manager). One of my favorite things about work though are the people I work with. Here are some things I've overheard in my time there:

  • "Could I BE anymore retarded? I don't think so." - Said by a guy scanning some stuff
  • "Really machine, REALLY????"- one of the partners (she's constantly talking to the copiers, scanners, any inanimate object there is.
  • "I really like to wear this shirt without a tank top underneath because it makes my boobs look good."- One of the women who works there, she's in her late thirties
  • "When we lived in Japan we went and saw sumo wrestling. It's not a very pleasant sight- those big men in thongs". - one of the new guys who works there, he constantly talks about Alabama and Japan.
Anywho, that's just a lil update about work. However, I am starting to look for jobs again because if it takes me as long as it did last time, I'll be ready to get out when I finally find another job! I am very grateful to have a job right now though.

No comments: